5 tips for building a glocal brand
The word glocal is a recently coined portmanteau term that fuses the words global and local. It simply means that a local business can participate in the global marketplace. A glocal brand is one that can be distributed internationally and tailored to meet the needs of the localities into which it is being circulated. This means that businesses adapt products and services to cater for local preferences, laws, cultures and traditions. Companies that have decided to go glocal have reported many benefits including greater brand recognition, higher customer loyalty and ultimately increased revenues.
How to build a glocal brand:
The 21st century marketplace offers incredible returns to businesses willing to invest in international markets and expand their reach beyond local borders. If you feel you are ready to take your business global, the following are a few tips that will help to make the process seamless, help you avoid newbie mistakes and ensure that you begin to see success in good time.
- Enlist the help of a multicultural brand development agency marketing agency: a multicultural brand development agency agency will help you tailor your branding in service marketing message to the locality you plan to launch your brand into, and help you avoid making cultural blunders that will put people off your brand and cause you to lose business. If you are a business considering glocal in Finland, there are great marketing agencies and branding services in Tampere to help you achieve this end.
- Conduct extensive gocal branding and marketing research: Enlist the help of a qualified team of market researchers in order to get informed on local cultures, tastes, laws and preferences so that you can tailor your brand to meet local needs.
- Package your brand accordingly (visual identity package): once you have your target market’s local statistics, begin to tailor and package your product to appeal to your target market. Finnish businesses undergoing this process can enlist the help of a marketing agency in Finland to brand their business successfully.
- Create a team of glocal brand ambassadors: Glocal brand ambassadors will present the right picture about your brand to their target market and ensure that your brand is received positively. The team can be made up of staff from your head office as well as local experts who possess knowledge about your target market.
- Check for organizational readiness: check that you are compliant with local laws and regulations, that you have staff members who are familiar with your target market and a few who can speak the local language, ensure that your branch office is well equipped and manned.
Whether you plan to open a small branch office or invest in a major manufacturing plant in your target market, building a glocal brand can be a challenging process. To make this process easier and achieve early success, ensure that you enlist the help of a team qualified in branding services in Europe.